I’m not sure about you, but I’ll use any excuse to give myself a little self care; so, I’d like to introduce to you… National Self Care Month! Easier said than done, but do it for you, Mama!
If you’re anything like me, your husband and your kiddos are sitting high on the ladder and your self care gets put on the back burner. Sometimes we need a little reminder, err National Holiday, to remind us it’s time to give ourselves a little love, too! I’m a big believer that if you don’t take care of yourself, it get’s really hard to take care of those around you. And if Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy!
Am I right, or am I right?
You don’t have to go on an Alaskan cruise to give yourself a little love — but, like, if you’re going.. invite me. Sometimes just getting a little “Me Time” is all we need to relax and recharge to take on another day of Motherhood because let’s be honest, #momminainteasy.
Here’s some of my personal favorite ways to practice self care:
- Mani/Pedi obviously. Who doesn’t love to have their feet rubbed while they scroll through Instagram for 2 uninterrupted hours?
- Coffee run! Let’s be honest, it’s not always easy to go get two hours alone so sometimes my recharge comes from driving to Starbucks BY MYSELF. No Blippi music on for 20 minutes? I’ll take it.
- Exercise. I know, I know. So cliche and sometimes I’m like #endorphinswhereyouat!? But it really does clear your mind and you always feel refreshed. You don’t have to go to a hardcore gym class just to sweat it out a little bit. Some of us can sweat just as much on a 30-minute walk. Not me, of course. 😉
- Beachin’. I know we don’t all live in this little slice of paradise, but if you do TAKE ADVANTAGE! Nothing makes me happier than taking my beach chair and posting up on the beach by myself (or with a girlfriend!) for the sunset and some good old fashioned gossip — Like, how many loads of laundry did you fold today?
- Hair/Eyelash appointment. Taking a day to get my hair done is my favorite! There’s nothing like having someone else wash, blow dry and style your hair. My hair stylist gets to hear the ins and outs of my life (sorry, Lalie.) and hair days with her are the perfect pick me up. Eyelashes are a little more maintenance, but it’s probably the one constant self care thing that I keep up with. My eyelash expert Morgan is more like a shrink that does eyelashes while we chat. 😉
Mix in a whole lot of Jesus and that’s how I keep going along with taking a little time for myself.
What are some of your favorite ways to practice self care? We would love to hear!